Above The Clouds inspires a life-long love for the arts through its classes, internships, scholarships and long-term commitment to keeping children connected to the arts.
By using the creative arts and movement, Above The Clouds is providing growth opportunities in the way of self-discipline, self-control, and promoting a higher level of positive self-esteem; thereby helping young people become contributing family and community leaders. We offer these classes:
- All Around Art: students can experience art, dance, drama & music & visual art in one class.
- Art: Students will learn how to be creative with everyday items.
- Ballet (beginning & Levels 2-6): Students will learn basic ballet technique, which will give them the fundamental skills to learn any type of dance.
- Ballroom Dancing: basic steps for a variety of partner dances, including waltz, salsa, rumba, tango & swing.
- Basic Drawing/Mural Skills: Students will learn how to grow their artistic talent, through 2 dimensional artwork using differnt media.
- Cheerleading: A fun and energetic way to learn cheer dancing & stunting technique - Lifting each other up while Praising God.
- Drama/Theatre: Students will learn voice projection, use of body language, as well as develop and build confidence in their presentational skills.
- Hip Hop: Learn fast tight movements while learning to move with a purpose.
- Latin Dancing - Children work together in unity to create something beautiful along with learning the culture of the dance.
- Martial Arts: Learn respect, discipline, physical awareness, integrity, and self confidence with Christ at the center.
- Modern Dance/Jazz - This very versatile and expressive class blends wide range of movement styles with energetic jumps and smooth fluid gestures.
- Music (vocal) - Students will learn how to properly sing & understand the movement of music, how to breathe, vocal exercises, and more.
- Piano: Students will learn rhythm, notation, style, musicianship. You will be able to play a song by the end of the first last!
- Stepping / Holy Hype - Students will learn energetic stomping and rhythmic movement combine with clapping and other gestures.
- Sing & Grove - Students will explore voice and creative movement as they work together to sing and dance a medley.
- Tropical Energy: An ADULT salsa aerobics class!
- Gospel Fitness, Music & Motivation: Exercise to gospel music! Fighting obesity one person at a time.